Thursday, September 24, 2015

Frida Kahlo's Exciting Adventures


One of my favourite artists is Frida Kahlo. She is in my favourite artists lists because all of her fabulous artwork have very odd meanings and are sometimes confusing. For example staring at one of her paintings can make you stand (or sit) there in confusion wondering why she painted this picture. And I have this strange feeling about this picture she painted that is actually quite sad. It is called Girl with death mask (She plays alone). Just reading the name makes me shiver. It is a picture with a girl wearing a white mask (a.k.a death mask) and a pink dress, holding a flower, while she is playing in a cloudy desert. Next to her is a head from a creature that I know looks nothing like a human. But this is not the only picture that is extremely odd, there are plenty more. That is why Frida Kahlo is my #1 favourite artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment